Work From Home

Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Twilight Mania

Twilight was introduced to me by an office friend. It just happened. She just happened to carry the book, I just happened to ask about it and she just happened to let me borrow it. So, I read it and wouldn't stop reading it until two days later, I'm hooked to Twilight. I don't know how I got drawn to the book. At first, I actually thought of it as simple. I thought if it only takes this kind of creativity to write a bestseller, then I think I can write a bestseller too.


Why was I drawn to the book?


I'm a sucker for fairy tales. My idea of Mr. Right-for-me was (I gave up on this idea to save myself from constant disappointment) influenced by fairy tales, Shakespeare and Jane Austen's novels. Mr. Right-for-me should be a prince or rich, a gentleman and beautiful. So much like Edward Cullen. I always wondered how Mr. Right-for-me could exist in this time. Isn't Meyer brilliant? She provided me with an answer. But of course, there had to be a drawback...he had to be vampire.


Still, why was I drawn to the book?


It's so strange, but I always imagined being stalked by a vampire when I was in college. I used to go to a university located at the foot of a mountain where there were lots of trees (of course). Hmmm...maybe Meyer and I are on the same wavelength. I was fascinated by vampires. The book may have rekindled that fascination. You see, when I was in college, I was kind of like Bella Swan. I had a deathwish of a vampire killing me or when I'm feeling romantic, falling in love with me. But, that was years ago.


So, why was I drawn to the book?


Well, I guess it wasn't the book exactly but the story that leapt out of it. What the book lack in details, you just have to make up for in your imagination. A fantasy love story. Yeah...I'm imaginative enough for that. For me, it's a modern day fairy tale with a damsel in distress and a knight in shining armor (only he's a vampire) with Edward Cullen as the vampire I was imagining when I was in college and the knight in shining armor I was dreaming of when I was reading Judith McNaught. So I'll follow his love story because he loves Bella Swan so much just as I imagined my Mr. Right-for-me should be doing.

No comments: