Work From Home

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Season

Christmas season is everyone's excuse to splurging in December. It's my excuse, too. I couldn't feel guilty about it being the miser that I am. Everytime I let them swipe my debit card and I'd start feeling bad about it, my head screams at me "What the heck? It's the Christmas season!". I dread January.
***
How fulfilling it is to have my own laptop, finally. It's a used IBM ThinkPad R40e I bought on ebay for only PhP 6,000. Perfect for a cheapskate like me.
***
Despite of myself, I have been using Globe Visibility for internet access. It's still freaking slow. It says HSDPA but I can't seem to connect to google. Grrr! Oh crap! It's raining. I have to get inside my apartment. Too bad I can only get HSDPA in my balcony. Oh well, there's no difference anyway.
***
I enjoy this sense of solitary bliss - blogging on my laptop and in my balcony (it stopped raining). I will miss this. My apartment has been my quiet place for a little more than a year. In January, I will share this place (with its dues) with a friend who happens to be the loudest, noisiest person I know. I dread January.

No comments: