Work From Home

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Globe Visibility - Modern Gadget, Ancient Speed

A friend of mine bought a Globe Visibility 3G/USB modem a week ago. She tried it and got disappointed. It doesn't work where she lives, which is in BiƱan, Laguna. So, she asked me to try it in the hopes that I'll buy it if it works in my apartment. After all, I was the one who suggested that she buy one.

I was kinda impressed with its looks. It's white and glossy and it has a microSD slot so it can function as a flash drive or at least that's what I think it's for. It's plug-and-play so I got no problem with the installation and the Globe connection manager program that came with the installation is user friendly.

On the connection manager, you'll see a signal bar and label which it tells you what signal you have. I was horrified to see I only have GPRS in my apartment. I tried connecting to the internet. Wow. Globe Visibility made me feel nostalgic. Really. I was cruising the net with speed that reminded me of my early college days when internet surfing costs P60/hour and the only connection available was dial up.

No comments: