Work From Home

Thursday, January 8, 2009

No Man's Land

This was one of those DVDs that get tossed whenever I skim through my humble DVD collection to find a movie to watch. My boyfriend gave or lent it to me to test my very first DVD player - an expensive NextBase with VGA out (perfect for someone who'd rather have a computer than a TV - like me). I never got to watch this movie. I don't really like war movies. But, I'm glad I watched this movie. It was good. Really good. No wonder it got an Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in 2002. Yeah, it's that good!

The story? It's about two enemy soldiers trapped in "no man's land" during the time when Bosnia and Herzegovina were fighting heavily. Only the UN forces can rescue them but the problem is they'd rather not. However, reporters who picked up their radio conversations showed up so they were forced to do something.

My favorite quote from the movie was:

Neutrality does not exist in the face of murder.
Doing nothing to stop it is, in fact, choosing.
It is not being neutral.

No comments: