Work From Home

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Revo Uninstaller

I have been having trouble installing a different antivirus program on my computer. Reckon it's because of the left overs that the uninstall tool that came with my previous antivirus program didn't bother to remove. As such, my computer has become cluttered. I tried cleaning up with Registry Mechanic to no avail.

So, I went to Google for help and I stumbled upon Revo Uninstaller on one of the forums. There were lotsa positive reviews about it which is great. But the best thing about it is - it's FREE. So, I downloaded it, installed it and put it to the gargantuan task of cleaning up my PC. ^_^


I first tried to uninstall the free AVG I had trouble uninstalling because my PC keeps shutting off during the uninstall process. Revo Uninstaller uninstalls the program first using the uninstaller the program came with. With fingers crossed, I waited for Revo Uninstaller to uninstall the pesky antivirus. Wow, my PC did not restart! After that, I was given the option to check the left over registries Revo Uninstaller will remove. Geez, I didn't know AVG uninstaller leaves so many. Finally, I got the confirmation that AVG has been uninstalled. YES! Success!

No comments: